Articles

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My favorite children's book




Several years ago, my friend, who I met in a park when we were nine years old, mailed my daughter a present. Our favorite kind of present. A book!  We immediately turned to the first page of Whoever You Are, thoughtfully written by Mem Fox and beautifully illustrated by Leslie Staub.  Countless times, my family read how hearts unify people all over the world. Joy and sorrow are universal emotions. The book is a keeper and the message is still one to spread... several years later! We still read the book.

What's your favorite children's book?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite children's book is "The Phantom Tollbooth" by Norton Juster. My older sister gave it to me to read when I was little. I loved the story and the wonderful maps inside the cover. Many years later, I bought my own copy and read the book again as an adult. It was then I realized this book isn't just for children. It's full of lessons us grownups would do well to remember, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the book suggestion. I like how you shared that the book was a gift from your sister. Books are so timeless and often are given to us from people dear to us. And, thank you for stopping by!

      Delete